Soil reinforcement works are structured for the containment or stabilization of slopes and embankments through traction-resistant reinforcement elements that change the inner features when they are inserted.
In the case of containment structures, the Soil Reinforcement becomes a technical/structural alternative to reinforce concrete or crib walls.
As a matter of fact, not only does it have a lower environmental impact but it is also economically competitive. The great flexibility of a Soil Reinforcement structure allows its use even on weak soils, as it is able to adapt to base settlements under moderate deformations. This type of structure has a great inner seismic resistance.
In case of slope or embankment stabilization, it is possible to minimize the use of granular soil with high geotechnical characteristics by exploiting soils with lower characteristics and gaining reasonable economic savings. It is always very important to run the stability tests by using the actual geotechnical data of the soil or the one that will be used.
Durability, resistance, and safety are some of the fundamental elements that Zhuoda engineers have concentrated their attention and resources.
Durability depends not only on the criteria and the models used during the design phase, but also on the technical characteristics of the materials used for the work.
Zhuoda selectes materials with appropriate protection revetments and the utilization of correct safety parameters in the design activity. This makes Zhuoda a leader in the quality standards required by the most demanding institutions.
The Terramesh system is formed by double twisted wire mesh units made of steel wire. This kind of steel wire is protected with a eutectic alloy of zinc, aluminum and rare earths and an additional plastic coating which can even be linked to polyester geogrids, polyolefin coated. It is to provide optimum durability up to 120 years as required by the strictest international requirements.
• Aesthetic fitting in the surrounding environment.
• Regreening possibility thus meaning an adequate filter, presence of a vegetal soil external layer and cooperation with experts, execution of hydro seeding and a possible fitting of plant cuttings. In dry climate or when work maintenance is not planned, it is advisable to use stony front faces.
• Structural continuity with the reinforcement.
• The industrial production of Terramesh elements that ensure the choice of materials and their quality assembly.
• Availability of technical material and technical assistance at the job-site ensuring a good result in the placement process.